- You are here:
Feminist Archives, Feminist Futures (FAFF) is an international, collaborative project based at the University of Leeds, which looks at the gendered histories of archives and their relationship to history making and feminist activism in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. In particular, it is interested in the histories of Women’s Libraries and Feminist Archives, and their role in shaping women’s lives both in the past and in the future. For more information, see the About Us page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow FAFF on twitter at @feministarchive
- As part of FAFF’s Archiving Women in Film & TV, we conducted a series of video interviews with project partners and participants between March and May 2015...
- On the last two consecutive Fridays, we filmed the first set of video interviews for the Women’s Film & TV Project. For me, this is a really exciting aspect of this project. Through a series of oral history-style interviews...
- Building on last year’s highly successful screening, Feminist Filmmaking: 40 Years of Activism, we are back with another event showcasing the work of feminist filmmakers with a particular focus on the use of film as a tool for activism and a method of feminist history making.
- This session will showcase original material from Feminist Archive North and from feminist production companies Leeds Animation Workshop and Vera Media. We will also be showing some new material wherein filmmakers, academics and archivists reflect on both the archive itself and the act of archiving.
Latest from Twitter
- On the stories we tell about "Women in Power" @wmarybeard
https://t.co/gepktDg421 via @YouTube
2 weeks ago
- RT @rightsRPA: We're looking forward to welcoming Dr @kmdossett to campus next week for #WHM2017 for her talk on feminist archives: https:/…
2 weeks ago
- Thanks @HydeParkPH for hosting another feminist filmmaking event of @leedsanimation and Vera Media films @CatherineJEM @LeedsHisRes
- TONIGHT: Feminist Filmmaking @HydeParkPH:1980s campaigns against racism and for peace, lesbian & gay rights https://t.co/V78L2a39Gf
- Get your tickets for May 18 Feminist Filmmaking @HydeParkPH now at https://t.co/pnB1gFeHm4 @LeedsHisRes @leedsanimation
- Great to see #feministarchive event @GWLKettle tonight highlighted in Daily Record overview of @RadFilmNet Glasgow https://t.co/w6J6cCL5rF
- RT @sayburgin: Join @feministarchive for another fantastic evening of feminist films and history at @HydeParkPH Wed May 18th 6pm: https://t…
- Feminist Filmmaking returns to Hyde Park Picture House @LeedsHisRes @leedsanimation @CCILeeds https://t.co/DdEvhEVMmm
- Feminist Films, Feminist Histories Workshop @RadFilmNet @gwlkettle open for booking https://t.co/3KumXCp5QE https://t.co/N3fMIcWv1A
- RT @kmdossett: Look forward to talking about @feministarchive at @KUHallCenter Archives Interrupted Conference https://t.co/Bnkw7xGTzZ Apr…
- Archiving Women in Film & TV interviews #feministarchives now available to watch https://t.co/aQRN0hfUXD @LeedsHisRes @CCILeeds
- Video interviews about #feministarchives with Leeds filmmakers & activists @leedsanimation @CatherineJEM available https://t.co/aQRN0hfUXD
- Looking forward to exploring #feministarchives and #womenshistory @LeedsMuseums this afternooon https://t.co/qjpyyIc1F4
- Excited about our workshop Feminist Films, Feminist Histories Workshop @gwlkettle part of the RFN Unconference https://t.co/ql6EQ6p9dN
- Excited to be part of @LeedsMuseums Women’s History Season https://t.co/FB4iIBnROM with Making Women’s History: Activism and Archives
- More chairs needed at the @LeedsHisRes Race and Resistance annual lecture by Gary Gerstle thanks to @sayburgin https://t.co/NzpEtipwla
- RT @BL_DramaSound: The changing role of archiving: 'The Magic of Archives: A Reading List' + links to explore https://t.co/nOfopBAfhn
- RT @leedsanimation: It's International Women's Day. Greetings everyone !
...Are we equal yet? https://t.co/cBelACf8FV
- Sadie Frost turns academic to highlight lack of film production roles for women https://t.co/X8RsmxI45m